These are troubling times. Many of us are staying home to protect ourselves and others from the spread of COVID-19, which would make it seem like story work needs to stop. That’s not at all true. Stories have helped people through our most difficult times, and can still be practiced now, even if we’re not in the same room.
I’m delighted to offer some new services specifically for designed for video chat and distance storytelling. Please contact me to get going with your remote storytelling experiences. Please note: If you cannot afford the listed price, I will accept Pay What You Can for the duration of the COVID-19 crisis. I trust that you know I need to make a living too, and you’ll do your best.
- Facebook storytelling – FREE! While this page is devoted to organizational storytelling, we all need a break sometimes. For the duration of social distancing I am live on Facebook every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 5pmET/4pmCT/3pmMT/2pmPT telling stories for everyone. Each session is 20-30 minutes and available afterward as a recording.
- Weekly working story group. For the duration of the pandemic, I am hosting a working story group every Thursday at 1pmET/12pmCT/11amMT/10amPT where we can gather and discuss how your organization can use storytelling to increase resilience and most effectively communicate during the pandemic. We’ll talk about the five critical stories and how they apply at this time, as well as how you can capture the new stories that are emerging every day. Please contact me for Zoom meeting information.
- Coaching. There’s no reason you can’t keep working on your stories from home. The majority of my coaching work already takes place through video chat. You can review my practices and prices here; please note, during lockdown I am offering discounted needs-based rates. If you want coaching and can’t afford the listed price, please talk with me. If you want coaching and can afford it please remember this is how I make my living and my income has been drastically effected by corona virus mitigation.
- I’m also offering group coaching work via video conference. For $25/pp (minimum four people and maximum 8, sessions range from 90-160 minutes, based on number of people and needs) you and your colleagues can participate in a group coaching experience, where everyone gets a chance to work on a story, get coached, and appreciated. Witnessing coaching is a great way to learn, and being coaching in the comforting presence of others reinforces just how important storytelling is.
- Classes Many of my workshops and classes are easily adapted to video conferencing. If you get a group together you can take a class for $25/pp (minimum six people) via video chat. I supply the technology and class, you provide the people, creativity, and enthusiasm.
- Creative play and coaching It’s hard to remain creative when we feel restricted. Using improv, #storyseeds and more. you and a group of friends will be inspired and intrigued by what you can come up with. $15/pp for 60-90 minutes of creativity boosts for marketers, creatives, storytellers, writers, artists, and others.